1. How could the company have erred so badly in its estimates of spending patterns of European customers?
2. Could a better reading of the effect of cultural differences on revenues have been achieved?
3. What suggestions do you have for fostering a climate of sensitivity and goodwill in corporate dealings with the French?
4. How do you account for the great success of Tokyo Disneyland and the problems of Euro Disney? What are the key contributory differences?
5. Do you believe that Euro Disney might have done better if it were located elsewhere in Europe rather than just outside Paris? Why or why not?
6. “Mickey Mouse and the Disney Park are an American cultural abomination.” Evaluate this critical statement.
7. Consider how a strong marketing approach might be made to both European consumers and middlemen, such as travel agents, tour guides, even bus drivers.
8. Discuss the desirability of raising admission prices at the very time when attendance is static, profits are nonexistent, and new attractions are months and several years in the future.
1. As the staff assistant to the president of Euro Disney, you already believe before the grand opening that the plans to use a skimming pricing strategy and to emphasize luxury hotel accommodations are ill advised. What arguments would you marshal to try to persuade the company to offer lower prices and more moderate accommodations? Be as persuasive as you can.
2. It is six months after the opening. Revenues are not meeting target, and a number of problems have surfaced and are being worked on. The major problem remains, however, that the venture needs more visitors or higher expenditures per visitor. Develop a business model to improve the situation.
3. How would you rid an organization, such as Euro Disney, of an arrogant mindset? Assume that you are an operational VP and have substantial resources, but not necessarily the eager support of top management.
->Under the topic “Team Debate Exercise” , you will find information about two camps adopting two opposing positions. Pick a position and discuss why that is the right approach for improving the situation.
-> If you were to be appointed as the Chief Marketing Officer of Euro Disney, what would be your actions to make Euro Disney a more attractive place for the customers? Explain in detail.