1. Read the materials about the seven new quality tools and briefly identify the ways in which you feel each tool can be utilized to better the condition of a product or company. Support your answer with an example for each tool. (7 New Quality Tools attached)
2. Professor Myerson developed a Lean Opportunity Assessment tool to discover lean opportunity in supply chains, but it can be applied on any system. The tool covers various system areas including leadership, communication, engineering, and design. The tool includes two Excel Sheets (attached, both sheets in one file). In the first sheet there are 6-7 questions for each area. By answering all questions, each area will have an average score as a percentage, which will be summarized in the second sheet. Please go through the tool very carefully and make sure you understand it. Then, apply it in your company as follows:
· Explain the company where you will apply the tool in detail including company profile, products or services provided by the company, etc. Note that the company does not have to be a manufacturing company. It could be a service company as well.
· Answer all questions for all the areas included in the tool. If there is an area that is not applicable to your working company, ignore that area and state the REASON(S) why that area is not applicable.
· You are required to provide the reason of every single score you provide. For example, in the tool there is an area called performance measure and it has a question about employees which is “ Employees understand how their individual efforts contribute to the overall results of the enterprise “. If you set a score of 4 out of 5 for this question, you have to explain the reason(s). What the company does to meet the question.
· After answering all question, each area will have a score as a percentage, which represent the quality of your company as a lean system. If the score of an area is less than 20%, provide your suggestions on how to improve that area to become a lean area.