1) What companies do in managing foreign currency volatility (translation, transaction and economic exposures)? Do they hedge? What hedging techniques are they using? 2) Financing foreign trade (letters of credit, bankers’ acceptances, factoring, forfaiting, Export—————————Import Bank).
Here is what you need to do for this activity:
* Find an article in one of the resources listed on the syllabus (Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Economist, Financial Times) or other similar periodicals that relates to these chapters. It needs to be a recent article (no older than December 2018). * Summarize the article and list its association to specific chapter material or concepts in your textbook. State the reason(s) for your selection.
* Provide a definition for the specific concept discussed in your selected article. For example, if the article discusses factoring you should include its definition: factoring is the act of selling a company’s receivables at a discount to a factor.
* List some important points or lessons learned from this article.
* Provide a full copy (links are not acceptable).