INFO8870 Collaborative Productivity
Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
|Title||Case Study #2: Workflows, Navigation, Design & Layout|
|Course Weight||See Instructional Plan|
|Due||See Instructional Plan|
|Instructions||This is an independent assignment. Each student is responsible to maintain the integrity of their own work. Sharing/Copying/Crowdsourcing will result with academic penalties.
Please submit your assignment based on the following scenario:
Sparkling Inc.’s leadership team would like to better understand how their workflows could work in the SharePoint environment. There are several business processes that they would like analyzed, described, and detailed on how the digitized process could work. Using the assigned Case Study #2 scenarios, locate the business process that is assigned to you (Based on the first letter of your first name) and do the following:
· Describe the steps you would take to gather all the details. Think back to your Needs Analysis class for how you would do this.
· Document the process at each step.
· Create a visual representation for your documented process of each step. (You can draw this out using any tool or method you prefer)
· Choose the best SharePoint workflow tools to address the business need.
· Give 3 reasons why this is the recommended workflow tool and back up your answers using knowledge you’ve gained about workflows and how they function.
Taking advantage of the potential for process workflow improvements, Sparkling Inc.’s leadership team is also wanting to improve the end-user experience while using the SharePoint site. They are looking for ideas to improve the site Design, Layout, and Navigation to help the team(s) easily access the tools and resources they need to complete their tasks. To do this, you will need to:
· List the tools you’ll need to address all of the business owner’s requirements.
· Explain why did you choose these tools?
· Defend how will this help the organization get the “look and feel” they want?
Your proposal should include (and may include more) a Background, an Evaluation of the case/scenario, Proposed Solution/Changes and Recommendations.
1. Cover Page
2. Declaration Statement – Your name is your signature. Paraphrased or inserted as an image
3. Executive Summary/Abstract: 75 (minimum) -150 (maximum) words, presented as a one paragraph, single spaced. The Abstract summarizes the effort. Abstracts does not add any new information not discussed in the document. Write this last.
4. Table of Contents – Live-Linked and steps 1,2,3 must NOT be listed in ToC
5. Academic Submission Introduction that 1) Opening statement, 2) Provides background to the paper and identifies the problem(s) (WHAT), 3) Demonstrates WHY the problem(s) need to be solved, 4) Summarizes the solution, 5) Provides a “Bridge-in” to the next section.
a. Introduction must be 5 sentences minimum
6. PART ‘A’
· Steps – Describe the steps you would take to gather all the details
· Process – Document the process at each step.
· Process Visual – Create a visual representation for your documented process of each step.
· SharePoint Workflow – Choose/Identify the best SharePoint workflow tools to address the business need.
· Workflow Reasons –Provide at least 3 reasons why this is the recommended workflow tool. Validate/defend your reasons using knowledge you’ve gained about workflows and how they function.
· Workflow Research – Provide details on WHY you chose the workflow.
7. PART ‘B’
· Tools – List the tools (3+) you’ll need to address all of the business owner’s requirements.
· Reasons for Tools – Explain/Defend why did you choose these tools?
· Business Value – Explain/Defend how will this help the organization get the “look and feel” they want?
8. Academic Submission Conclusion that 1) Summarizes all parts, 2) Defends your concepts, principles and data (evidence).
a. Conclusion must be 5 sentences minimum.
9. Reference Page – Document must include a reference page even if no external material used/referenced and should indicate “No external material/references used”. All included references should include relevant sources and a matching citation within the document.
Considerations: Your document should include (and may include more) a Background, an Evaluation of the case/scenario, Proposed Solution/Changes and Recommendations.
This assignment will evaluate your ability to:
· Explain SharePoint workflows, navigation and basic design principles
Word Count – 1300 to 2200 words (+- 10%) and word count does NOT include steps 1-4 and step 9.
APA – Document MUST follow Conestoga APA formatting guidelines.
Academic Integrity – Your submission is subject to all Conestoga Academic Integrity policies.
Cover Page – MUST include the following details:
· Assignment Name
· Your full name
· Your student number
· Course Alpha Numeric Name – INFO8870
· Professor name
· Date assignment Distributed
· Date assignment Due
· Word count – True word count that excludes steps 1-4 and step 11
Declaration Statement – Document MUST include a paraphrased version OR image of the “Declaration Statement” that includes your name. FAILURE to include this statement may result in an Academic Integrity violation.
Upload – Each assignment must be upload via the EConestoga portal by the due date/time.
Late penalties – Applied immediately past the deadline and will double each 12-hour period to a maximum of 50%. Submissions received beyond 5 days late will receive a grade of zero.
UPLOAD FILE NAME (Please name the file(s)):
|Helpful Resources||1. SharePoint 2016 Users Guide, Tony Smith textbook.|
I, Darryl J. LeBrun, affirm that the attached work is entirely my own, except where the words or ideas of other writers are specifically acknowledged in accordance with accepted APA citation conventions. This assignment has not been submitted for any other course at Conestoga College or any other global institution. I acknowledge that I have revised, edited, and proofread this paper, and I certify that I am the author of this paper. Any assistance I received in its preparation is fully and properly acknowledged and disclosed. I have also cited any sources from which I used data, ideas, theories, or words, whether quoted directly or paraphrased. I further acknowledge that this paper has been prepared by myself specifically for this course
Darryl J. LeBrun