Part I: Choosing a Career
Choose a job or career for yourself that you are currently pursuing or plan to pursue in the future. Then, answer the following:
1. Identify a career.
1. Explain why you have picked this job or career.
. Navigate to and select a job posting.
2. Go to O*NET OnLine and use the search field to search for your chosen job or career. Refer to the video Searching a Website for help.
2. Make sure you provide the link to the job posting and a brief description of the job.
2. Summarize the technology skills required for the job and describe how education and personal experience help develop these skills.
Part II: Identify Skills
. Identify skills related to a job.
3. Discuss personal skills already attained and skills needed to acquire to be successful at the job.
. Describe the degree to which you would find the companies from the job postings appealing and trustworthy, based on the digital literacy skills you have learned.
4. Go to Indeed and CareerOneStop and find a relevant job posting for the career you have chosen on each site.
4. Note how specific information literacy skills.
4. Consider the blogpost “SIFT (The four moves)“, as well as asking yourself questions like the following when trying to determine what is trustworthy:
3. Is the information seem accurate and free from mistakes?
3. Is the information presented in a clear and well-organized way?
3. Is the company easy to find using an Internet search?
. Consider the article, “Future-ready or not?”, when discussing the skills you will need to acquire.
. Additionally, provide the following for the job posting from each site (similar to what you wrote for #2 of Part I):
5. Copy and paste the link from each site into your assessment.
5. Provide a brief description of the job and any technical skills it requires.
· Written Communication: Convey clear meaning with minimal issues in grammar, usage, word choice, and mechanics.
· Length: 2-3 double-spaced pages.
· Sources: The only sources required for this assessment are the websites associated with your search.
Note: In addition to the scoring guide, your faculty member may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide you with feedback related to your writing.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Use computers, software, and online tools to effectively complete a task.
· Identify a career.
· Navigate to and select a job posting.
· Identify skills related to a job.
· Competency 4: Integrate credible and relevant sources into coursework to enhance clarity and support claims.
· Describe the degree to which the companies from the selected job postings seem to be appealing and trustworthy.
· Competency 5: Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
· Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.