Imagine a fictional eight-floor building that houses a corporation. The building is set up as follows.
Assume that all exits exit to stairwells minus reception which is an elevator.
· Floor 1 houses reception and sales
· Floor 2 houses software developers
· Floor 3 houses software developers
· Floor 4 houses middle management
· Floor 5 houses operations and systems administration
· Floor 6 houses the data center (one giant room)
· Floor 7 houses upper management
· Floor 8 houses the CEO (one giant room)
Here is a sample of the layout with 18 offices per standard floor. The giant room floors are different.
Design a network that would provide each office with three Ethernet jacks but would isolate the different teams from each other. Make sure to identify where you would house switches, and how things would be physically and logically laid out.
Create a Word document containing descriptions of your solution.
· Identify physical and logical network components
· Identify and describe the services and tools used in network operations
· Describe the processes involved in running a datacenter
Identify where switching would be stored.
Specify the size of each switch (port count).
Identify how switches will be connected between floors (type of connection and anything we need to know, fiber, coper, 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps, etc.).
Identify or justify why a router and firewall would be needed.