Marketing Plan Assignment and Elevator Pitch. This assignment contains two parts: a written plan and an elevator pitch.
A large, successful restaurant company with a portfolio of differentiated brands is about to launch a new restaurant concept in the U.S.A. called “Blossom.” This will be a full-service restaurant offering a predominantly plant-based menu that focuses on seasonal items using locally sourced, fresh produce wherever possible. The restaurant will be positioned by its values: clean eating, responsible sourcing, and community building.
You are to assume the role of marketing director for the new restaurant concept. You are required to produce a strategic marketing plan for Blossom. Your plan needs to contain the following elements:
1. Executive summary: what the brand is, how it will be positioned, who it will target, and the primary objectives (no more than two paragraphs)
2. Current market situation a. Food trends (U.S.A.) b. Full-service restaurants c. Competition (direct/indirect) d. Pricing
3. SWOT analysis (table format) 4. Objectives
a. Year 1 b. Year 2
5. Marketing strategy a. Positioning (expand upon the value proposition in the opening paragraph above) b. Targeting c. Integrated marketing mix: four Ps (product, pricing, place, promotion)
6. Marketing controls: How will results be measured? How will marketing research be used?
Your plan should be presented in APA format. It should contain 6–8 pages (1,500–2,000 words), not including your title page, contents page, and list of sources. Your plan should be clearly defined, explained, and substantiated throughout by your research.
A grading criterion (rubric) is provided for the written marketing plan assignment.
Your boss needs you to summarize the key elements of your marketing plan before she attends the next corporate board meeting. You are required to present this to her in the form of an elevator pitch. Record a video (60–90 seconds in length), then upload it to the digital dropbox designated for this specific assignment.
The elevator pitch was originally devised to make a quick sales pitch to venture capitalists. Your objective is to convince your boss that your marketing plan is well-thought-out and credible. You must decide what key points you need to include from your written plan that will convince her that the new concept will be successful.
You may create this recording with a webcam or you can use the video recording ability of your smartphone. This video can then be uploaded to the digital dropbox. If dropbox does not work, you can create a YouTube channel for yourself and place the video there. NOTE: if you create a YouTube channel, make sure that you set it as “public” so that your instructor can view it. You can change this to “private” if you prefer after you receive your final grade.