Q. 1: You plan to introduce a new cell phone in Pakistani market. Before doing so, you have to select a good name which can add greatly to a product’s success. Finding the best brand name is a difficult task. It begins with a careful review of the product and its benefits, the target market, and proposed marketing strategies. 2.5 Marks
While selecting the brand name for your cell phone, identify which of the following qualitie(s) should be included in your brand name and why:
(1) It should suggest something about the product’s benefits and qualities.
(2) It should be easy to pronounce, recognize, and remember: Tide, Jelly
Belly, iPod, Jet Blue.
(3) The brand name should be distinctive
(4) It should be extendable; Amazon.com began as an online bookseller but chose a name that would allow expansion into other categories.
(5) The name should translate easily into foreign languages.
(6) It should be capable of registration and legal protection. A brand name cannot be registered if it infringes on existing brand names.