A router is an essential device in network connecting to the internet. The router functions by; Joining the network to the internet, managing the network’s traffic, and offering basic security. Three separate routers are required to connect the networks with the internet as the offices are remote.
A firewall is also required for the protection of the network from illegal access to the network. Firewall is used to evaluate all traffic, that is, incoming and outgoing.
A core switch is used where all departments’ servers are attached.
In this case, a separate switch is needed for each department.
Wires and connectors
Here CAT-6 cable and RJ-45 connectors are used for the connection.
Wireless Access point
We need to use a Wireless Access point to use the WI-FI facility
Basic Switch Configuration performed for each switch
· Assign a name to each switch.
· The access passwords should be set
· Set a command mode password.
· Configure the Layer 3 (network layer) address of each switch.
· Set the switch default gateway.
· Check the settings of the management LANs.
· Configure the default gateway and IP address for PC1, in each department.
· Verify the connectivity.
· Set the port speed and duplex configuration for the Fast Ethernet interface
· Now save the configuration made
· Examine the configuration file for a startup.
Connections (On each office)
Computers of each department are attached to a switch, considering that separate switches should be used for each department. All the five departments’ servers are connected to the Core Switch, a standard switch where all departments are connected. CAT -6 cable with RJ-45 connector can be used for this connection. The wireless access point gets connected to the main switch. Router is used, configured, and attached to the main switch. The firewall is then installed between the routers.