This assignment will help you practice the following skills that are introduced in this week’s activity:
• (Core) set up a six-month merchandise budget plan table in Excel using the basic stock method.
• (Core) generate an Open-to-Buy report based on planned purchases and unfilled orders.
• (Core) gain proficiency in planning inventory and purchases.
Download and open the Assignment 12 Excel file on Canvas. Rename your working file as “AMM
2510A Assignment 12_Your Last Name, Your First Name”.
Dollar Plan Case
The “Basic Stock Assignment” sheet shows a six-month dollar plan by a women’s sportswear buyer.
Complete the dollar plan (highlighted cells only) using the basic stock method.
Begin with last year’s sales figures and the increase (or decrease) planned for sales, forecast the following
planning figures (refer to the class handout sections I to VI):
• Planned sales: complete the planned sales ($) row and the average monthly sale cell
• Planned reductions: complete the reductions ($ & %) rows
• Average Inventory at Retail (retail stock) and Planned Basic Stock
• Planned BOM & EOM Stock Levels: complete BOM and EOM rows
• Initial Markup (%)
• Planned Purchases: complete the purchases rows (at retail and at cost)
• On Order: complete the on order ($) at cost row
• OTB: complete the OTB ($) (at retail and at cost) rows
Format all $ and % figures.
• Dollar figures need to have a proper dollar sign carry zero decimal places.
• Percent figures need to have a proper % sign carry two decimal places.
AMM 2510A Fashion Retail Buying I
Dr. Yishuang Li, 2021 Fall
Page 2 of 2
• 10 calculated rows (excluding the total column). 10
• 4 total cells (sales, reduction, purchases*2) 4
• 4 seasonal figures (IMU%, Average Stock, Average Sales, Basic Stock) 4
• $ and % format 1
• Spreadsheet assignment format (font, gridlines, header, landscape, one page, etc.)
Please check your answer against the key (view or download the PDF document) posted on Canvas.