This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Clinical Question
1. Describe the problem. What is the focus of your group’s work?
2. Explain the significance of the problem in terms of patient outcomes. What health outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics document this is a problem? You may find support on websites for government or professional organizations.
3. PICOT question in support of the group topic.
4. State the purpose of your paper. What will your paper do or describe? This is similar to a problem statement. “The purpose of this paper is to . . .”
Levels of Evidence
1. Identify the type of question being asked (therapy, prognosis, meaning, etc.).
2. What is the best type of evidence to answer that question (e.g., RCT, cohort study, qualitative study, etc.)?
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Search Strategy
1. List search terms and results.
2. Databases used (start with the CU library). Link your search with the PICOT question described above.
3. Refinement decisions. As you did your search, what decisions did you make in refinement to get your required articles down to a reasonable number for review? Were any limits used? If so, what?
4. Identification of two (2) most relevant articles (primary sources published within the last 5 years).
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Organization and APA Style
1. Correct grammar and spelling. 2. Include a title page. 3. Use of headings for each section. 4. Clinical Question, Levels of Evidence, Search Strategy, and Conclusion 5. Adheres to current APA formatting and guidelines. 6. 3-4 pages in length, excluding title and reference pages.