1. (TCO 1) Voltage increases as a result of (Points : 10)
a decrease in the applied current.
a decrease in the circuit resistance.
an increase in the circuit resistance.
an increase in the applied current or a decrease in the circuit resistance.2. (TCO 2) A 5 k resistor is used to limit current to 12mA. Which resistor is the minimum acceptable rating of those given? (Points : 10)
3. (TCO 7) For the circuit below, what is the voltage across R(load) if the Maximum Power Transfer Theorem determines the value of R(load)?
(Points : 10)
4. (TCO 3) For the circuit below, find the voltage VXY.
– 7 V
– 37 V
– 3 V
5. (TCO 2) For the circuit below, if Vs = 20 V and the wiper of the pot is at the top maximizing the output. What is the power dissipated by the pot?
These are three separate questions above
These are 2 separate questions above
1. (TCO 8) For the circuit below, Vs= 20V, calculate the total current and find the current through the 6 k? resistor. If the 10 k? resistor (either one) is open, find the current through the 6 k? resistor.
2. (TCO 7) Find the Thevenin Equivalent Circuit for R.
3. (TCO 5) For the circuit below, if Vs = 5 volts. Find the voltage across the 6 kΩ and the 1 kΩ resistors.
4. (TCO 5) For the circuit below, what will XMM1 read if the switch is open?
XMM1 is measuring current. XMM5 and XMM6 are measuring voltage.
5. (TCO 3) For the circuit below, find VYZ
1. (TCO 8) For the circuit below, with Vs = 20V, find VAB when the resistance RS is at its indicated rated value and the resistance A to B is 2kΩ.
If the top 10kΩ resistor is open, what measurement voltage would you expect for VAB?
2. (TCO 9) For the waveform below, find the frequency and the RMS or Effective Voltage.
3. (TCO 6) For the circuit shown below, if Vs = 15 volts and I2 is 5 mA, find the value of R1.
4. (TCO 6) For the circuit below, if VR6 is 8 volts, and IA is 10 mA. What is the value of R5
5. (TCO 9) For the oscilloscope waveform, what is the frequency and the Vpp?
e are looking at channel A.
Question 1. 1. (TCO 1) Describe, in detail, how to measure the voltage across a component and the current through it with a digital multimeter. Use diagrams if necessary but describe in detail the procedure required. (Points : 10)