When are crime and deviance dysfunctional?
Which of the following, created in 1978, made it illegal for employers to fire, demote, or penalize a pregnant employee?
Riley, a medical assistant, earns $49,000 annually. She decided to move from the emergency department to the pediatrics department for about the same salary. Riley has experienced:
Opposition to same-sex marriage is highest among which of the following groups
The terms “society” and “culture” are:
Men are _________ likely to be victims of a homicide, robbery, or aggravated assault than women.
Pam was inviting children to her daughter’s birthday party. She invited all of her neighbours, except the new family, the Chos, who recently moved from South Korea. By not inviting the Cho family, Pam exhibited:
Gender identity is typically developed:
14. Which of the following statements about crime is true?
16. Bryan’s mother taught him to be kind and honest. When faced with the opportunity for dishonesty, Bryan remembered his mother’s words and was honest. What does Bryan’s behaviour illustrate?
19. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a formal organization?
22. When her father gets mad at her mother, Ellen’s father yells at her mother. Now, when Ellen gets mad, she yells. This is an example of:
11. Stephanie is a best-selling author of children’s books. While she makes a very good income, she has very little power or prestige. This is an example of:
The hierarchical ranking of people who have different access to valued resources is referred to as:
25. C. Wright Mills introduced the concept of the “sociological imagination.” He used this term to describe the connection between:
21. Marlin is a 33-year-old male and an avid swimmer. He has competed in several national championships. Marlin is also the father of three young children and is married to Peggy, a computer engineer. Marlin and Peggy live in the suburbs and own a nice home. What type of status is Marlin’s gender?
18. Your sociology class this semester is an example of a/an:
20. At the Barkley Company, there are forty employees. Addison is the President and CEO. Below her, Jack and Ross are managers. The thirty-seven others work below the managers in the storeroom or on the show floor. Which of Weber’s ideal characteristics does this scenario exemplify?
Language, geographic roots, traditions, and religion are all components of:
9. Sociologists use which of the following dimensions as indicators of social stratification?
10. More prestigious occupations require:
6. Which of the following is NOT a sexual orientation?
24. Every ten years, the U.S. Census Bureau mails forms to every home in the United States to collect federally mandated data. Which data collection methods is the Census Bureau using?
12. Which social class is known as the one that most American’s classify themselves as including those with annual incomes below $20,000 and those with annual incomes above $150,000?